BSOD on A7N8X-E DELUXE (DC Mode)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antrophin3

Beta member
Hello, for all...
I have this irritating problem which I couldn't cope with for 2 months, now.

Everything worked just fine, and BSOD appeared for no reason... (it showed usual stop screen and said that certain "win32k.sys" driver was corrupt - actually there was none under "WINDOWS/system32/drivers") And after that, when I have rebooted the PC, before the boot-screen logo of WinXP BSOD appeared again showing that I should disable ACPI due to its incompatibility with BIOS version, and that I should visit somethng like following url: http://www.hardware-updates.com.

Not so long time ago, I managed to flash BIOS (ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe ACPI BIOS Rev 1011 ---> ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe ACPI BIOS Rev 1013)
The cool thing is that they announced the changelog of BIOS revision on ASUS site... "Certain problems with SAMSUNG DDR400 modules were detected)...

Now everything was fine... but not forever... two days further the same sh*t happened again... and again...

I tried substituting memory module's DIMMs (2x512 takeMS 512MB DDR400 CL2.5 BD512TEC500 09/2005D S/N: 38705536) and that thing didn't work for too long... Now I have to use only one memory module and now it works just fine (but two times slower).
I don't have enough experience to determine the cause of the BSODs...
is it due to PSU, CPU, MB or Memory Controller (because for some reason it does not work fine with DC mode)

Wierd thing is that if I put modules in 1. and 3. DIMM it acts the same way if I put it into 2. and 3. DIMM (which means that both times POST screen "says" it works in Dual Channel)... OK I think, but I'm not so sure that User's Manual said that 1. and 3. DIMMs are DC Only :(

Rest of the PC...
AMD Athlon 2500+ (barton) ~1.83Ghz
Radeon 9600 256M (ST Labs)
300W PSU

I would be glad if anyone had the similar problem to help me ... I would really appriciate ;)

P.S. If You Need Some More Info On My SysConfig Feel Free To Post A Question :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom