Bsod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprooty

Daemon Poster
Hello,

I have just handed down my old system to my bro with a few minor hardware changes.

Intel P4 3.2Ghz
Gigabyte 8IPE-1000G
Radeon 9800Pro
1x80GB IDE Segate HD
1x80GB SATA Seagate HD
Sony DVD rom
Lite-On CD-RW.

Now i have set this all up but when he trys to play a game he will get a BSOD error. I am pretty sure i have eliminated any RAM problem because i have tryed my ram in his.. still give BSOD and i have tryed his ram in mine and it works fine.

He thought it might be a video card problem so i got my old GF4 MMX440 out and put it in his system and he is testing it out now.

I have done everything to my knowledge that would normally fix this problem. I cannot tell you the BSOD error because it does not show any writing. The game will freeze and go to a blank blue screen and a reset is required to get past it.

Does anyone have any recommendations? i am begging to think its the 3D card or the motherboard. Or it could even be the HDs.. i am lost.

Would flashing the bios help?

i will post back when my bro has tested it for a little while.

do the usual procedures, ensure all drivers are up to date and if nothing works then start checking hardware by elimination. test the hdd's seperately and if possible slave in another hdd and install the game on that as well as putting the page file on that hdd. i'm thinking corrupted OS or overheating/stability problems

He tested the MMX440 and it worked fine, so i decided i would give the 9800Pro another chance because i really dont wanna have to go out an buy another card. Befor i swaped the cards back i flashed his bios and since i have put the 9800Pro back it hasn't crashed. Now i just have to keep my fingers crossed.

Oh and sorry that i forgot to mention it Nitestick but i have re-installed windows on his machine about 4 times this month..... i had lots of trouble getting all the HDs and optical drives up and running. Windows kept deleting Hal.dll and windows would'nt boot but i found out its because of some dual boot crap so i had to completley reformat his ide drive from my old PC that had lots of stuff on it. But since i fixed that i aint had to reinstall windows.

His temps are higher then they were when i had the pc but i am guessing that is because he has the computer under the able.. and his case is very cluttered. 4 case fans and a pretty big heatsink.. and not to mention 2 optical drives and 2 hard drives.. you can kinda get the picture. Idles 40c underload i dont know but im guessing about 48-52c.

Thanks. I will post back if it starts happening again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom