BSOD - 0x012A

krazyq

krazy Techie
This is for a user at my company that's getting this strange BSOD
Can't get into safe mode, LKGC.
These are corporate laptops. (I work for Cargill)
Blue screen error is
Windows did not find any installed, licensed language packs for the system default UI language

Any ideas

This will most prob go for a re-image, just wondering if there's a solution or at least what caused this.
We CANNOT use windows cds and run the repair over here

Thanks

Attachments

• installed language.jpg
    installed language.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
You can see if it created any dump files, but if you can't boot it up then that's a problem. You don't happen to see a driver name or anything when the blue screen happens? Anything ending in ".sys"
e.g.- ntfs.sys, usbaudio.sys, etc.

You can see if it created any dump files, but if you can't boot it up then that's a problem. You don't happen to see a driver name or anything when the blue screen happens? Anything ending in ".sys"
e.g.- ntfs.sys, usbaudio.sys, etc.

I've attached the bsod image, took a picture of it.
I've seen many bsod in my days, nothing close to this one.
Google wasn't any help either

Looks like there might be something with the media you used to install Windows with.
Unfortunately, you'll probably have to wipe and re-image. The Windows installation appears damaged. It's not clear if a language pack can be installed if none currently exists. If the system was working, try restoring a prior checkpoint, image or backup.

Looks like there might be something with the media you used to install Windows with.
Unfortunately, you'll probably have to wipe and re-image.

yeah that's what I was guessing too.
All builds and reimages are done threw the server, i guess some can fail.

Here's where I go for references for Bsod
Windows did not find any installed, licensed language packs for the system default UI language.

Usually bsod we reeimage, its rare to fix them here, however this was something new so I was just interested to see what may have caused it.
This thread may be closed now

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom