Broken motherboard from biostar - what do i do? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 01-13-2009, 11:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to Yrteop
Unhappy Broken motherboard from biostar - what do i do?

So i kicked my comp over the other night and now it wont boot properly. The fans all come on and what not. I feel that it is the motherboard. I have taken the ram out and I dont hear any beeping signals.

Its a Biostar AMD Am2 TF570 SLI mobo. It is not in the one year warranty anymore. My question is, should i replace the motherboard or should i send it to them for out of warranty repair, they charge a nonrefundable 45bucks for return shipping. I cant seem to see on their site if they charge for repair or not? Does anyone have any experience with this? WHat should i do?

Old 01-13-2009, 11:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Broken motherboard from biostar - what do i do?

It could be that you shifted the board and it's touching the case improperly now causing a short. You should rebuild the computer from scratch to make sure.

Old 01-14-2009, 03:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Default Re: Broken motherboard from biostar - what do i do?

I agree, I had a pc come to me for repairs and he had a new MB put in from the one I built him, and the pc would only stay on when on it's side. stand it up and it shut right down, Baffled me. I took everything out and when I lifted the MB, the morons at the Hack pc shop he went to put the board on top of a loose screw, and when it was stood upright the screw would connect two pins sticking through the board, I put it all back together and it worked perfectly. Of course when the Hack PC shop looked at it before it came to me, The where right there ready to sell him another MB 2 months after he just bought that one from them. They accused him of playing inside the case and shorted something out. So it might just be something got moved and shorted out, Hopefully not damaging the components. Take it apart and make sure everything is seated right and nothing bent inside the case. Might even be one of the wire connectors jarred loose. Try just removing the wire connectors and reconnecting them to make sure all are connecting right, and if that doesn't do it. I would pull out the MB and check for shorts or any burn marks if any metal connected the MB.

New system
NZXT Tempest 410 - I5-4670K - Asus Z87-Plus - SeaSonic SS-750KM3 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular PS
GPU MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G - CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 16GB 1600 (2x8gig) - SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 -Seagate Barracuda 3-TB

Antec 200 - I7-920 - ASUS P6T - Corsair TX650 it's old but still kicking like a mule
2-EVGA GTX 470 in SLI- ocz vertex 3 SSD 128 gig
Seagate Barracuda 1-TB - OCZ DDR3-1600 12 gigs 3x2
Keeps Me Happy :lol:

If I've been helpful, Please rep me
Closed Thread