Broken LCD

theryanzhuo

Baseband Member
A few months ago I got this computer: ASUS N56VM-TB71 Laptop Computer - 3rd generation Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3GHz, 8GB DDR3, 750GB HDD, DVDRW, 15.6 Full HD, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Black, 1-Yr Warranty / 1-Yr Accidental Damage at TigerDirect.com

It has served my very well so far. However, today, my mom smacked a very heavy bottle against the back of the screen today, for reasons that will not be stated. After a while, the screen "broke". I don't know what else to call it. Basically, when you turn on the laptop, at the top of the whole screen, there are tiny little bars going up and down. On the very top left, there is a black mark that looks like spray paint that stretches for about an inch.

The screen isn't physically broken - no cracks or anything. Just the inside that's broken and shows multi-colored bars up and down, with that little black part that looks spray painted. The bars look something like this: http://www.insidemylaptop.com/images/Lenovo-X60s-screen/replace-broken-LCD-screen-01.jpg, just only taking up about an inch of the top of the screen.

The point is, is there any was to fix this? I bought the computer from tigerdirect, and it's by Asus, obviously. I'm not sure if this is going to be an easy fix or it's extensively damaged. Any info on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

The LCD itself is broken and there are only two ways of fixing it. Sending it back so they can replace the screen, or finding out what LCD it is, ordering it, and installing it yourself. I suggest calling up Asus and seeing if it is still in warranty. I bet it is.

The LCD itself is broken and there are only two ways of fixing it. Sending it back so they can replace the screen, or finding out what LCD it is, ordering it, and installing it yourself. I suggest calling up Asus and seeing if it is still in warranty. I bet it is.

How long do you think it would take to be repaired and back in my hands?

Back
Top Bottom