Brand new MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum/Sli..HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

samuraiwarrior

In Runtime
The board is a brand new replacment from msi and it runs throught the post and stops without booting at initializing floppy drive and controller. Plz help me i want to go back to gaming.:(
I get no video at all. i have a EVGA 6600gt
and i cant get a video signal at all. tried s-cable and vga output too.*(i use DVI on my 19''Lcd)

Why me!? its been freaking 2 months that msi had my board then returned it to me on monday. still wont past the post process.
should i rma my video card?
or am i not suppose to get video until after the post test D-bracket 4 leds are all green?

SW...
That is why you shouldn't RMA a mobo unless you are almost certain that is the problem. A lot of posters here are too quick to recommend "RMA the board"...... in most cases, it isn't the board.
Did you get any 'beep codes' during POST??
If not, go into your BIOS and verify the settings of your
IDE s( Fpp,Hdd,etc.) and your Video components.
* MSI link......
http://www.msicomputer.com/support/sup_tshoot.asp

Tried all of thee above.
but i dont get any video so cant go into bios.
also i have no speaker on this board to listen for beeps.

samuraiwarrior said:
Tried all of thee above.
but i dont get any video so cant go into bios.
also i have no speaker on this board to listen for beeps.

You have diagnostic post LED's that plug into the board with the optional USB thingy don't you?

yeah thats why it doesnt bootup because it wont past the post test.
it stops at initializing floppy drive and controller.
so now i need to get a new board again. they say i can get an advanced replacement so im going to do that later today. I sure hope its he motherboar and nothing else. cuz im tired of RMA's. any chance video card is to blam?
i get no video after the post tester pasts the vga bios boot up and initialization/. i think i should at least see the bios splash screen during final stages of post rite?
well i g2g im in school.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom