brand new hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
I just bought a samsung 300gb pata hard drive. I put it in my computer and it only reads 31.4gb. 32248mb. Should I return the hard drive back where I bought it? Is there a way to get it to read 300gb?

how? when I tried to partition it under disk management it only read 32248mb.

You go to computer management and then to disk management right? If not how do I do it? step by step.

how? when I tried to partition it under disk management it only read 32248mb.

You go to computer management and then to disk management right? If not how do I do it? step by step.

Try to "acquire" a copy of Partition Magic 8.

I think I just fixed it. I saw on another forum it has a jumper that will make it read 32gb. I thought it was in master but it needs 2 jumpers to be in master. My bad. Sorry guys.

I never thought a jumper could do such a thing.

what??? it could short?

In slave it still reads 32gb.

I tried master and still 32gb.

What should I do? is it possible to read 300gb? I even tried maxtors maxblast software but it didn't work with this hard drive cause it had an error message and wouldn't even get to the screen to where I could erase the drive to manufacture settings.

Try to use a win98 boot disk to boot with at the A: type fdisk.
Then select show all partitions. Then select the option to delete all dos partitions and all non dos partitions you want to delete everything and then when done select create active partition and see if that fixes it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom