Boots POST beep... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2010, 10:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Default Boots POST beep...

Any idea why my computer would appear to boot up fine, but not give me my normal POST beep? Also, should I get the POST beep on restart, or only coming up from a completely downed system?

Abit IP35 Pro
Core 2 Duo 2.2ghz
2gig Crucial Ballistix Ram
PC Power & Cooling 510
2.33ghz Core 2 Duo Macbook Pro
Old 08-10-2010, 12:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Boots POST beep...

Before you do any more advanced troubleshooting, check that the "speaker" cable is properly connected to your motherboard. I built a system 3-4 years ago and never had a startup beep because the speakers built into the case were not connected until two days ago, when I decided to clean the dust out of my case.

I think the standard system "beep" is also tied to this input device. Does that work?
Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On