BOOTMGR is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

roweder

In Runtime
Ok, so I swapped out my older power suppy for a newer, much more powerful one, and I got this message upon starting up my computer, and with the new power supply I haven't been able to get it to start up. I have used this power supply and this motherboard together before, but in a larger case, and I have never gotten this error before, please if someone could let me know what's causing this, that would be great.

Thanks in advance,

-Derek

Some other info that may help resolve the problem:

The motherboard is an ASUS P5N-D
the power supply is a 1600 watt by Ultra
they have been successfully used together, just not in this smaller case
the error looks like this when I get it:

BOOTMGR is missing
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

This comes after the picture/logo of the ASUS P5N-D motherboard

and I'm typing this on my iPod.

Is your 8-pin/4-pin connector in the motherboard?

Have you tried resetting your BIOS?
(Probably won't help, but might.)

Is power hooked up to your hard drive?

Is your hard drive hooked to the motherboard?

Sorry if these are irritating questions or anything, but you gotta cover the basics to know where you're at, in long distance tech support.

You can stick your Vista / 7 disc in and repair the installation that way.

Hirens Boot CD is a good CD to do that with, too.

Also, make sure your hard drive is plugged in the right sATA port. That could be an issue.

So it's probobly got to do with the motherboards connection with the hard drive? That's probobly the issue, I don't think I plugged it into the same data port, and I think it has a preferred boot sata, I'll try changing it's prefered boot device to sata 1, that's the port I plugged it into.

Edit: well, that didn't do anything, and it recognizes the hard drives and the cd drive, the bios has been updated since changing the power supply, but I don't know how to reset it...

I just reseated all of the connections to the hard drive, power and data.

Yeah, try that out.
Let us know how it goes.
Also, if that doesn't work, try plugging the HDD into the port it came from.
(You didn't hot plug anything, right?)*

*Hot Plugging=unplugging/plugging in a hard drive without turning power to the system off.
It doesn't cause a problem with SATA HDD's usually, but it usually shorts out and destroys old IDE drives.

orihS ‪‪‪Shiro;1779991 said:
Have you tried resetting your BIOS?
(Probably won't help, but might.)
hahahahahaha shebang dude, probobly won't help, it helped alright!!!!! I clicked load default settings, and it started right up :D

orihS ‪‪‪Shiro;1780011 said:
Yeah, try that out.
Let us know how it goes.
Also, if that doesn't work, try plugging the HDD into the port it came from.
(You didn't hot plug anything, right?)*

*Hot Plugging=unplugging/plugging in a hard drive without turning power to the system off.
It doesn't cause a problem with SATA HDD's usually, but it usually shorts out and destroys old IDE drives.

Thank you all for the very fast and meaningful replies, you all have been a great help to me, and I'm very glad I found this awesome forum with loads of awesome members. Thanks again and I'm glad it was such an easy fix, and btw, I did not know that you could hot plug SATA hard drives, we called it hot swapping in cisco class, I've never tried it, except one time I accidentally unplugged my C: (sATA) drive while the computer was running... And got the BSOD lol what a coincidence.

Thanks again guys,

-Derek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom