Bootmgr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fronzbot

Solid State Member
Ok, I built a computer and went to install windows vista ultimate x64. I get into the installation and reach 3% on extracting files when all of a sudden I get a blue screen which reads

a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
*letter can't be read too far off screen*QL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory otions such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

This has happened twice. Once on my first HDD which i RMA'd and now on the new one I just got in the mail within the half-hour. When I restart the computer it goes to the post screen, no further, and I receive this message:
Press any key to boot from CD/DVD. . .
BOOTMGR is missing
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

I press keys during the first line and nothing happens. It is always proceeded by the BOOTMGR is missing error. Ctrl+Alt+Del does not work either.

I have changed the SATA ports on the motherboard and made no progress. I've tested the RAM and that's fine too. My VGA I have placed in a different computer and it works flawlessly. My DVD drive is fine because if I disconnect the HDD, windows boots from cd to install as it should.

I've reset my BIOS, changed my boot startup list (DVD drive first of course).

Therefore it is NOT a harddrive issue, vga issue, ram issue or dvd drive issue which leaves only a CPU problem or a MoBo problem.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Specs:
Q6600
OCZ DDR2 800 1GB x 4
XFX 8800GT
Seagate Barracuda 320GB
OCZ 700W
Abit IP35 Pro

Ok i may be off with this idea it's what i posted at the end of your other post!!!
You can install Windows on a disabled hard drive. After the instlation is done to the point of it's first reboot as soon as it starts to reboot go into bios and re enable the hard drive and when it boots up it will complete the install. I have had to do this on many older computers. I have done this many times and it will work fine. I can't figure why you would be running into this problem but try to install windows this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom