Booting up problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragunfire

Beta member
Hello.

I'm new here, just joined. I'm having problems with my desktop computer. it will load up the Bios screen and then the scanning devices screen but from there the screen just goes black and goes no further. Whats more is, it shuts off quicker, just by simply pressing the power button, whereas I normally have to hold the button down for it to shut off. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to computers. Its a custom built computer, a few years old but has worked great up until now.

Any ideas as to what it may be? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dragunfire

Well from the sounds of it the Operating System is corrupted. Since you have shut it down by holding the power button and not using the shut down provided by the OS (Operating System) you could have easily caused damage to some files needed by the OS. This is why you shouldnt just hold down the power button. As you dont know if the system is currently using any of its files and by shutting it down by forcing it you can corrupt them. What OS was installed before the problem started to occur?

Well i have not shut it down like that in awhile but i know it would do that if my computer locked up i could shut it down that way. I have only noticed it would shut down just by pushing the power button instead of holding it down, because of this problem since there was no other way to get it turned off. It has been running windows XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom