Booting Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottastrophik

Beta member
Hello all. I just moved my computer from one side of the room to the other and when I went to power up, the fans kicked on for about a sec or so and stopped and the light on the front started blinking. It was working fine before I moved it. Any ideas what the prob could be? Thank you in advance for your time.

I have searched the forum but it seems like anyone else with a similar problem had just built their pc and was firing it up for the 1st time.

Re:

Hello,

Okay...if you plug your PC back to the power socket it was connected to before, or to another power socket, does it work...?

You've probably knocked a wire or component out of place. Have a look inside your PC and check to see that everything is connected properly.

It could also be a grounding issue.

Thanks for your response. I unhooked everything from the power supply except the MB and the floppy and the power kicked on. As soon as I connected a HD it went back to starting up and crashing out. Would that mean its the power supply? If so why would somethings power only (just curious)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom