booting problems!!! please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dom1988

Beta member
Hey guys i wondered if you could help me out on this one... here goes...
I built a computer at the end of August last year. I spent nearly £2000 on the equipment to get a high spec pc ready for demanding programming and website design work. The spec of the pc is...

Silverstone Temjin 05S
Intel Pentium D 950 3.4ghz
Asus P5W DH Deluxe motherboard
4 x 1GB OCZ 5400 DDR2
ATI radeon X1900XT 512MB PCI-E
Sony DL DVD-RW
HP Lightscribe DVD-RW
FSP Sparkle 700W Espilon
Windows XP x64

Originally i had big problems in booting the computer. i would turn the computer on and it would boot fine the first time, then shut the computer down and start it up again and the fan would kick in but there would be no response from the BIOS and there would be nothing appear on the screen. I replaced the BIOS chip and this didnt change anything so i arranged to have the motherboard sent back for testing. After being tested it was faulty and eventually after nearly 50 days i was sent a replacement. I have rebuilt the computer and the starting issue is now more of a minor problem. I can boot the computer up if i have left it 2 or 3 hours after shutting it down, however if i was to leave it a day for example, it still does the same thing. Does anyone have a clue what this could be? I would be really grateful if someone could provide me with some advise.

Cheers guys!

Dom

what do you mean by this? Where is the power block situated? do you mean the PSU? or is this power block something on the motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom