Booting Problems

RaptorTwitch

Beta member
Hello everyone,

A while ago - like half a year I had a problem with my computer - it didn't boot and always showed me the nasty blackscreen that said "Press CTRG+ALT+ENTF to reboot."
The thing was it worked after retrying several times until I realized that the computer was only able to boot at a certain temperature. The moment everything broke down a friends suggested switching the cables from my CD to the hard drive (because the cable might be the problem).
Well, it worked and my CD-Drive did, too.
(Obviously I'm not sure if that has anything to do with my current problem)
Everything was fine until a few days ago my computer gets stuck on "Starting Windows" or in the blackscreen after that and before the log in screen ONCE a day. The computer itself doesn't stop working since you can still see the Windows Flag glooming in the way it does.
If I restart my computer then (by force shut down) everything is fine.
I could live with that if I didn't have the fear that it might get worse again.
I hope I chose the right forum for my problem and, that I can get some ideas :)

Raptor

might need a new data cable to your hard drive, you can pick one up for just a couple bucks or less, you should get your power supply tested, low voltages can play havoc with your hard drive/s

have to checked your power supply yet?
You can get a power supply tester for a little cash, get one like this:
Coolmax PS-228 Power Tester-LCD Display, 6&8 pin PCIE-PS-228 at TigerDirect.com
I'm not sure where you can get one in your country.
If you do not want to get a tester you can take the power supply into a local pc repair shop and they can test it for you.
Also, you should check the health status of your hard drive. Go to the support area of the manufacture of your hard drive and get the diagnostic software ( preferably the DOS version, and make a boot disk) and run the short and long test on the hard drive to see if it has any errors

Back
Top Bottom