booting problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdLeft152

Daemon Poster
I have an old skt A athlon 3200+ and for some reason when its powered there is just a continous beep and it won't stop. Im almost 100% certain its the cpu/mobo. nothing appears on screen, however there is signs of life such as the cd-rom/fans/hdd powering up. im not to reluctant to just throw the chip/board away but i was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

yep, usually, in fact in almost all bios's, long continous beep means memory failure. Replace the ram, or if there is no ram there, put some in!!!!!!!!!!

yep, usually, in fact in almost all bios's, long continous beep means memory failure. Replace the ram, or if there is no ram there, put some in!!!!!!!!!!

lol thanks, there definitely is some ram, but i'll switch out some ram, so if maybe a chip went bad or something.

thanks for all the help guys.

because he made a joke of it. i definitely took your post into consideration when there were 3 people stating the same thing, thanks for the assurance.

p.s. i looked it up and it sad 1 continuous was most likely RAM a/o Graphics. so i took out the graphics and the beep went away, so im pretty sure i found the error. gotta wait to borrow a friends old agp card to test it. but thanks guys.

If you want to test something else while waiting for a second video card. If you have more than one stick of ram, then just put one in at a time, and see if you still get the beep, then try each one alone. If you still get the beep, then its the video card.

i would just slip some other ram in, but i don't have any ddr at least that i can use. my dad won't let me touch his comp. he's swinging the vga by today anyway, no big deal. its not my computer anyways, so its no rush for me.

yeah i figured soul. no worries lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom