Bootable floppies will not boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

chat1410

Beta member
I am trying to put Floppyfw on a spare machine. I have two, neither of them will boot. I've tried a floppy drive and cable from a machine that I know works on both boards, won't boot. Been up and down BIOS in both boards, everything I've seen related to FDD and boot order has been set to what I believe is correct. I've tried booting Floppyfw 1.0 and 2.0, Windows XP's version of MS-DOS (the one you can make from Format), some random Linux floppy distro, and a Windows 95 boot disk, none will work on these two machines, but all will work on 4 other machiens that are still in use.

P.S. The two boards I have are ep-5bvpxb (the board I'd perfer to use) and I think it's a proce55"0 (zero) or O (letter o)"r.

Are you sure that your Floppy cable is right?Im assuming you know this but have to ask.So when you try to boot does the A drive even try to read the disk? Is it enabled in the BIOS?

Yes the disk is attempted to be read. It's almost as if it won't accept the normal boot sectors as boot sectors or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom