boot up problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikillyou61

Banned
Sometimes when I boot up right before the windows xp logo with the loading bar underneath comes up my computer freezes with a blank screen!!!

I have 2gb, Asus p4s800D-X motherboard, 600gb hard drive, xfx geforce 6600 256mb graphics card.

As soon as the xfx geforce 6600 256mb was inserted into my computer thats when the freezing at the boot up screen started.

It never did that before I got that xfx geforce 6600 256mb so what should I do?

What power supply wattage rating? You need to reseat that card and make sure it is powered correctly. 6600gt/6800gt's are power hogs. Sounds to me like your PSU isn't up to the task.

ok I have a 550w power supply and I am only using 2 300gb hard drives, motherboard, cd rom drive, 3 fans, and I don't know if this matters but I have 2gb of ram too

Reseat the video card. Unistall all Nvidia drives and completely clean the registry. Reinstall the lastest Nvidia drivers and test your system......if that fails......then we'll have to loot at PSU, Run memtest or windows memory test and start swtiching parts aoround in another computer to find the culprit part or parts. Just because you have a 550wt PSU doesn't mean that the 12v rail voltage isn't all over the place after installing that video card. Try the driver issue first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom