Just to start off with my specs:
- Motherboard: MSI P45 Neo-F
- PSU: WideTech 650W
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
I recently started upgrading my computer with a few new components such as a new SSD, HDD and gfx card (a Corsair 60GB Force3 SSD, 2TB Seagate HDD and NVIDIA GTX 560). I had installed them all successfully and managed to get Windows up and running fine. During the installation of drivers and other software I've restarted/powered off several times so I do not expect it to be any problem with the components I had just installed. However I had a new Kingston 2GB DDR2-800 RAM stick I wanted to add. I'm quite sure my mobo supports the RAM speed.
On pressing the power button my computer powers up but nothing is displayed on the monitor and I have checked all possible cables in my computer. The mobo lights up, the CPU fan spins and the GFX fans also spin. I can't enter BIOS at all and the screen just remains black so I'm assuming there's also no video signal.
Things I've tried already:
- Reseating components and cables
- Removed the new RAM, and eventually all the new components
- Tried booting with only required components with no luck, also tried with no memory inserted and there were no beeps (I don't think my mobo beeps at all so breadboarding probably won't be useful)
- Tried using different RAM modules
- Clearing CMOS with a jumper on the mobo with no luck
- Replaced the new gfx card with my older one, a Radeon HD 5770 still no luck
- Changed PSU to an older 500 watt - it powers on but still the same problem
Any clue as to what's causing this or any suggestions? Thanks in advance.