boot problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdar

Daemon Poster
Hello everyone.

I had this problem for long time already and don't know how to solve it.

I have:
SP35P2 (Shuttle barebone)
Intel Quad Q6600 2.40
2 GB of RAM
Nvidia 8800GT video card
SATA HardDrive and SATA CD-ROM
---

My problem is that when I try to boot my computer, it would not boot the first time. Sometimes it would just freeze and I would only see black screen. (I can only hear fans running).
Sometimes it starts to boot and then (before loading Windows) it would turn off itself and start again.

So most of the time, when I want to turn on my computer, I have to use power switch on the back of the computer to turn it off and on and try again (because its freezes most of the times).

This kind of problem happened more often especially when I have my external hard-drives plugged in.
But I don't understand why it would be a problems. On my last computer I always had my external hard-drives plugged in.

Please, can someone help me? I really want to be able to turn on my computer on the first push of the power button, not 2nd or 3rd, or whatever.

PS. I tried to ask it on Shuttle forum, but didn't have much luck with answer there. Maybe someone can help me here, thanks.

Tried replacing the power supply in it? If it turns off by itself during boot, then I'd say PSU problem. Can you get into the BIOS when it does boot up? Check your temps in the BIOS if you can and let us know what they are. Could be a heat issue as well.

I checked temperatures today.

The system Temperature was 27C and CPU Temperature was 45C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom