boot looping on Windows XP...

Status
Not open for further replies.
well like i said it get to the point where windows gives u the options: safe mode, last known configuration, and etc. i dont have a windows restore cd might have helped ...

well i got approval from my friend to re image the HD. i just need to extract some files that he wants pulled. anyon has some pointers/tips on how to go about this?
here's what i picture....slave the target drive to my pc. and then open the dirve and go through .jpgs and movie extensions on the harddrive and put them on a cd.. is that correct??

alright, im having this same problem with a WD 160gb HDD which is less than half a year old. when i boot up in normal or last known good configuration mode, it gives me a BSOD but only flashes it and i casnt read the error. the little bits i have taken from the flashes is that it appears to say "unknown boot (something)". when i boot in any of the safe modes, it stops booting at "Mup.sys" file and restarts shortly after stopping loading all the minimum drivers. ive pretty much narrowed it down to the HDD because of the fact that i try to reload windows and, after i load the SCSI drivers windows needs for SATA drives, the windows install process stops when it tries to read the hard drive, which is right before it gives you the list of drives to install windows. im gonna try swapping my drive into a friends computer but i dont have that kind of poopie readily accesible so its pissing me off i cant do anything. i have reset cmos so many times its not funny, swapped RAM, everything basically but put in a new HDD cause i dont have a spare laying around :-(

Something with the Hal. Make sure to only have the basics hooked up. Any other mass storage and what not need be removed. Also, update the bios and force the use of a non-ACPI HAL during Setup. USB can also cause a problem.

i slaved my drive and i scanned my pc for viuses and the scanner found and deleted 4 trojans in the hard drive... do you guys think that these are the culprits for boot looping in the hard drive?

I just had boot looping on my PC. It was because I changed some BIO'S features... I ended up Clearing the CMOS and it booted fine.

Any BIO's features been changed lately?

more viruses found on the hard drive... :/ i think i will and go ahead and pull alll of his files and re-image his drive..

kk so im now stuck w/ imaging the drive. :( my previous post was in another thread about a 0x00000050 error. I did a search on it and seems like im not the only one who had this error :( By reading some of the threads. i saw that someone mentioned swapping ide cables.. did this solve the problem?i will do this shortly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom