boot looping on Windows XP...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prelude92

Baseband Member
well i volunteered my time to help a friend out w/ his pc. he initially had a problem where he would get any video.. i take a look and the agp slot looked a little loose and dirty... i tried cleaning it a little but still the problem persists.
i was able to get video one time and when i did windows booted and then started running through this list of files which took about 15 mins. afterwards windows kept boot looping.. i swapped mobo to solve the video issue and the hd still boot loops.. everytime it boots it shows the screen where it offers you the options of : safe mode, last known good configuration and the start windows normally.. i went through each option and it loops... what can be done to solve this issue? is the HD shot? or can it still be recovered.. what to do??

try safe mode. If you can get there, disable auto reboot during system failure in the system properties under startup and recovery. Post the exact error here.

was the mobo swap before or after the problem starting???

as boot loops generally mean something is corrupted and device referances are off..
you could try to put in the xp disk for a recovery

well it started before the mobo swap.. the bios did mention something about the cpu timings.. dont remember what it really said but it did have something to do w/ the cpu. i just set teh operating frequency to 120 Mhz. it's a P4 1.8 Ghz. im not sure where to get a recovery cd... ideas?

well i cleaned it, but didnt use it.. i put in the new mobo instead, since he had already bought it.. i was thinking is it possible to pick up another HD and slave the one w/ difficulities??

so what is there to do?? is it possible to slave the unbootable drive just so he can keep his files?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom