Boot issues after mobo swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryker

Baseband Member
Well, if you've already seen my other thread - and you probably haven't - I've been having issues with nothing displaying after I turn my computer on. It turns out that the old Asus A7V8X-X that I had was shot from years of excessive heat with an old case. Earlier today, I picked up an MSI K7N2 Delta2-LFS from my not-so-local PC Club to install in my new Antec P180 to h old me over until December, when I plan to upgrade to Socket 939.

So I took out the old motherboard and put the new one in, then hooked the old hardware up to it. I set everything up correctly according to the manual, made sure that everything was powered adequately, and turned the system on hoping to see something instead of a blank screen. Well, I did - except I didn't like what I saw. I got the blue screen of death, and no matter how I seem to try different settings in the BIOS I can't get it to overcome the blue screen of death. The error is the same every time:

"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

*** Stop: 0x0000007b (0xF8A8D528, 0xC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)"

I know some about computers and how their components work, but I've still got an awful lot to learn after relying on technicians and tech support to do the dirty work for me for years on end. If my question appears to be stupid or newbish, please...be gentle, and I apologize :mad:

Any ideas?

If you really Do want to avoid reinstalling XP>. Go to safemode.. Remove ALL your display, and motherboard related drives for your old board. and delete all the old referances out of your hardware profile reboot and install the new board drivers in safemode.. there's a 50/50 chance this may work but you may notice a bit of a decline in performance/stability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom