boot issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzimm86

In Runtime
Today someone tripped a circuit and now one of the computers is having issues with booting. When you hit the power button all fans turn on but it does not boot. The sreen only says no signal. The only way i have been able to get it to boot up is to take out the cmos battery and set the jumper to reset the bios, but this does not work everytime. I have changed the ram, video card, hd, unplugged all extra devices and tested the power supply.

It is a pc chips board with an amd k6 processor. I know you say get rid of the old piece of junk but we are on a limited budget at work. Also am pressed for time because this computer is needed back asap.

looks like you are down to the mb. My son tripped a ups at my work and it unfortunatelly fried the board. did just what you did swapped everyting out to no avail. luckily I had a backup with the same board dropped that one in and bingo. gl

i think it is your PSU acting up. Same thing happened with my computer. During a storm, the power browned out for like 5 seconds and went dead. Everytime i tried to turn the computer on, the fans and lights would kick on for a split second and would die down to very slow fan speeds, and bleek light levels on the cathodes.....

Check teh psu. all i can say.

Its not the psu. I used a tester to test it as well as used a new one. I have a feeling the bios is corrupt some how. How found the bios i believe. It is a rom file. I read that i have to boot up with the file to flash the bios. Is this correct. Can i just make a bootable cd with nero and put this file on it. Or is this a bootable image. Do i just burn the image to a cd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom