Boot Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

azstars

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I had a question about how my computers been booting. I hit the power switch and it starts up for 1-2seconds, then goes off for 1-2 seconds, then boots up and everything works completely normal. Any ideas on what's going on? Not a major issue I don't think but just want to double check! Thanks

Did you built the PC or is it pre-built? Have you checked to make sure that all the cables are attached to the mother board fully? Could be that one of them is loose which is causing this issue. Could be a problem with the PSU. But since it fully boots fater that short power down i would look for a loose cable.

I built it myself. Ok I'll double check on the cables later on today, hopefully that solves the problem! Thanks

Alright so I checked the plugs, unplugged and replugged everything, but still have the issue. Any other possible solutions to this problem?

Have you tested with another PSU? Have you checked the cables themselves to make sure that they are not worn or damaged?

No on the PSU, I don't have another one unfortunately, and the cables all appear to be in good condition.

Well you might have to get a multi meter to try and test the PSU. Maybe there is something intermitten with it. Could be a short with the mobo as well. Have you got the brass standoffs and it fully mounted with no part touching the case?

I checked the mobo, all is good there. Hm, I guess signs keep pointing to the PSU?

At this point i would say so. That is the only thing i can think of that would cause this.

Last thing you could try, remove all devices but the hard drive, mobob power and video card and then boot.

It maybe another device which is causing this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom