Boo-urns ; New build won't post...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, i tried that.... But i don't think i cleared the cmos while i had it come to think of it.

Hmmm, youre only 2 1/2hrs away, come on up to Ottawa and fix it for me ;)

Okay, i tried that.... But i don't think i cleared the cmos while i had it come to think of it.

Hmmm, youre only 2 1/2hrs away, come on up to Ottawa and fix it for me ;)

^ Hehe yeah I said that in the F@H thread just now. Didn't realize you live there. I'm in Ottawa next week for thanksgiving because my parents are there.

Make sure your CPU is compatible with the board, also make sure the board supports you RAM, such as 800MHZ. Which I'm sure it does, and did you connect both power supply cords to the board? Because some boards have the usual 20-pin or 24-pin, and some also have a 4-pin or a 8-pin.

No like I said before the computer wouldn't power up. One thing that could cause a short would be a bad power supply ground which is pretty likely when you're dealing with a bad ground.

Have you tried a different video card yet?

No like I said before the computer wouldn't power up. One thing that could cause a short would be a bad power supply ground which is pretty likely when you're dealing with a bad ground.

Have you tried a different video card yet?

No, I haven't tried anything due to needing others to be my hands.... Im a cripple, aka I gt me a bad spinal cord injury.

I got some help coming over ina few days, so I gotta get my plan of attack down for max use of time.

One question I thought of, My psu, which is new basically, didn't have labels on the cable for pci-e. So, my dad aka my hands for the day, I think just grabed a 4 pin and plugged it into the MB 4 pin.

Are the 2 leads the same power, or is they different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom