blurry screen....problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

system6

Beta member
hello all. Ok I do digital audio (sequencing, recording, ect) and I am about to build a new computer, but untill then...

I have spent the last 3-4 hours Optimizing, cleaning, and basicly just getting the most i can out of what i have.

I upsated the video driver and when I did my screen got kinda blurry.

now, its not terrible as i am writing you on it right now, but I have reinstalled several copies of the drivers new and old, changed resolutions, changed refrash rates, degaussed, and did about everything I could possibly think of and its still blurry.

this used to be a super sharp moniter, its a flat panel 17 inch sony vaio moniter, and under 2 years old. I can only imagine that my fidgeting around had something to do with this terrible problem.

if you have any ideas please let me know and thank you all so much in advance....

Blake

Have you tried Restoring your system to the day before you did all this optimizing? If you have never done a System Restore before, let me know and I will post instructions on how to do this.

If you have tried this before let me know as I have another fix for you.

I have used system restore many times in the past, but for some reason it was disabled, and i could not find a prior restore point. thanks again,

Blake

When you reinstalled the video drivers, did you go into the Device Manager and remove all the video cards that are displayed. If not remove them and then reboot the pc and then reinstall the video drivers and let me know how it works.

did that all last night.

Its the factory default video card (nvidia tnt2 64), the only thing I have ever upgraded was a pci card for more usb ports and my soundcard, but thats external (usb). any more ideas, please let me know. thanks a million for all your help.

Blake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom