Bluetooth Problem after Win10 update

chanchan05

In Runtime
Ok so it autoupdated a couple of months ago to a new version of Win10. Didn't notice the problem at first. I already deleted the Windows.old file.

Anyway, I was supposed to give a presentation at work, so I decided to fire up Office Remote to control the laptop presentation from my phone. However, I noticed that Office can't connect, that the search function isn't working to connect over Bluetooth. So I delved into my laptop, and it seems Bluetooth controls aren't working. Device Manager actually has no Bluetooth submenu. It's like the system can't detect the bluetooth hardware. I'm pretty sure it has Bluetooth because I used to use a Bluetooth mouse for it. The internet says to just redownload drivers. However, on installation of the Realtek drivers, it's giving me an error saying Bluetooth is not installed on my system.

Drivers source:
https://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/523/0/14/uvu9oefbNyxDBjYs/41/

Not really sure how to reenable Bluetooth. I've got an ASUS X450LD.

so why are you using the windows 10? its better to stick with 7 its better and faster and its the best

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so it autoupdated a couple of months ago to a new version of Win10. Didn't notice the problem at first. I already deleted the Windows.old file.

Anyway, I was supposed to give a presentation at work, so I decided to fire up Office Remote to control the laptop presentation from my phone. However, I noticed that Office can't connect, that the search function isn't working to connect over Bluetooth. So I delved into my laptop, and it seems Bluetooth controls aren't working. Device Manager actually has no Bluetooth submenu. It's like the system can't detect the bluetooth hardware. I'm pretty sure it has Bluetooth because I used to use a Bluetooth mouse for it. The internet says to just redownload drivers. However, on installation of the Realtek drivers, it's giving me an error saying Bluetooth is not installed on my system.

Drivers source:
https://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/523/0/14/uvu9oefbNyxDBjYs/41/

Not really sure how to reenable Bluetooth. I've got an ASUS X450LD.
There's 4 different drivers listed for that laptop for Bluetooth. You said you downloaded the Realtek ones...are you sure you have a Realtek BT adapter? Did you try one of the other ones?

so why are you using the windows 10? its better to stick with 7 its better and faster and its the best

Wholeheartedly disagree with what you said.

m8 if you're going to spout BS, please use the door on the right. (Points to exit door).

Windows 7 is not faster by any stretch of the imagination. Windows 8 brought in a whole ton of performance improvements, and Windows 10 builds on those. Chief among them, hybrid startup / shutdown. Even on a HDD, boot times are 3-5s. (And that's with my BIOS set to 3s delay, so really if I used hyper fast mode that bypasses the mobo splash screen, I could hit 2s) (In my experience). Go ahead and try to tell me that Windows 7 can match that, even with an SSD.

Secondly, "it's the best" is a purely subjective statement,and unless you're willing to back it up, will be completely ignored here. Same with "better".

Oh dang. Didn't find this post so I posted a new thread, which I now deleted.

Anyway to answer the questions:

1.) Because the laptop came with Windows 8 and upgraded itself to Windows 10. And I disagree with Windows 7 being superior as well. That just fear of change talking.

2.) Well I made a mistake and it appears I have a X450LC. I downloaded the Ralink driver from this site (https://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/523/0/10/EpG0z15Ke1ZlFxAV/41/) and it installed. However, I'm getting a device cannot start (Code 10) error, despite already having reset the laptop and tried a reinstall. Will try the Qualcomm and Realtek drivers.

Although do any of you have any other suggestions?

Pretty sure it's just matter of getting the right drivers.

If you're not sure which device you have...

Open up Device Manager

On the BT adapter that has a yellow exclamation mark, do the following:
Right click -> Properties -> Details tab

Post the following info for each item that has a yellow exclamation mark:
Under "Hardware Ids" in the dropdown, it should have something like VEN_####&DEV#### ; post that section, where #### = some alphanumeric combination.

I've downloaded the RealTek drivers, and it says make sure you have Bluetooth installed on your device, plug in bluetooth device. Then it stops and says I don't have a Bluetooth device. It's Christmas and internet is slow (Third Worldproblems). So The qualcomm drivers are taking forever.

I only have one item with yellow exclamation point, that appeared after installing the Ralink drivers. Under Hardware IDs, I only have bth\ms_rfcomm

Nope. That's all it says. I've also tried all the drivers now. Qualcomm and Ralink installed. Realtek won't. None of them brought back bluetooth.

EDIT:
I found instructions for adding legacy devices. I added the Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth bus. An entry called Legacy Device showed up under device manager. Under Hardware IDs, I get

ACPI\VEN_INT&DEV_0800
ACPI\INT0800
*INT0800

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom