Bluetooth dongle

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlevit

Solid State Member
Hey all,

Ive got myself a bluetooth dongle which i plug into my USB.

the problem i have is, when the computer restarts or i shut it down and the start it again, the bluetooth dongle is not recognized as being in the USB slot.

Now I'm thinking this is a problem with USB whereas it doesn't recognize devices plugged in during startup.

I would like the bluetooth adapter to sit at the back of the computer because i use it for synchronization but i can't so each time i have to plug it in and out.

Anyone have any ideas?

I've heard bad things about Bluetooth dongles. If you have a PC, have you considered getting a wireless card you can put inside your PC? Or, if you have a laptop, maybe a network PC card? It's probably cheaper than the USB dongle anyway... plus you get to have another free USB slot :)

To check to see if your USB drive is in fact defective, put another USB device into the slot, restart, and observe. If you have USB mouse, try putting that. If it can recognize it after the reboot, then its just the Bluetooth dongle's fault. You can also try a thumbdrive, basically anything that uses the USB interface :)

Hope this helps.

Yeah the actually slot is fine, it works the same on all slots.

It just doesn't recognize the USB dongle after i restart or a cold boot.

Try opening up your Task Manager, and closely looking at the processes in there. While watching, plug in the dongle and see what process(es) get started up when it is inserted. Take it out, find where those processes are open, and add them to the startup apps on windows load.

Hope it helps :-/

M4A1 said:
I've heard bad things about Bluetooth dongles. If you have a PC, have you considered getting a wireless card you can put inside your PC? Or, if you have a laptop, maybe a network PC card?

it is bluetooth, not network. usually used foe connecting to PDAs, tablet PCs and mobile phones.

Woops, I misread it - I meant wireless USB dongles, to catch the wireless network. Disregard what I said up above.

Alex81388 said:
Try opening up your Task Manager, and closely looking at the processes in there. While watching, plug in the dongle and see what process(es) get started up when it is inserted. Take it out, find where those processes are open, and add them to the startup apps on windows load.

Hope it helps :-/

Yeah good idea, ill give that a try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom