Bluetooth Connectivity Problem

adamjk

Beta member
Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before and hopefully this is in the right section, but I'm at a complete loss as to what to do. I'm not a tech expert by any means so hopefully I'll be able to get my point across.

I purchased an ASUS USB-BT400 Bluetooth Dongle (Device ID= 0B05 if that helps) to use with my Sony Vaio (VPCCW1Z4E) which runs Windows 7 x64.

I can pair the laptop with my Samsung Galaxy S4 but I have problems when getting it to work with my new wireless speaker - Loewe Speaker 2go.

The speaker does pair with the laptop but once the pairing connection is made, no drivers are downloaded (which usually happens when I pair a new device) and I am then unable to connect the two devices via Bluetooth.

In the manual, the following Bluetooth protocols are listed:
A2DP, 2.1+EDR, AVRCP 1.4, HS, HFP 1.6 (Wideband Speech), aptX decoder, AEC

I think the dongle uses Broadcom's technology, so I've tried updating the drivers through Broadcom's software that is available on their website but the process fails each time I try and use it. The device is detected but I get a message saying 'Failed to Update the Bluetooth software' when I get to the 'Validate Bluetooth Device' stage.

I was wondering if anyone might know a particular driver version I might be able to download or anything that I might be able to use to solve this problem.

Thanks,
Adam

Back
Top Bottom