Bluescreen / Freezing in games. NEED HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcafiero

Beta member
To start off. Im not 100% positive it is a gfx card related problem. My computer came with an nvidia 8600, these problems happened with the original card but not as much as now. a few months ago i put the GTS 250 in. Since then it has been doing the same stuff, just a bit more frequently.

my computer plays all games I throw at it fine, I never have problems with WoW and most steam games on extra high settings. This started when I first started playing Aion and Left 4 Dead 2. My computer will randomly freeze with a sound loop, or I will get 1 of 2 blue screen errors:

1. "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

2. "A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval"

Every time it blue screens its always one or the other between those 2.
I dont know what the problem is. Ive tried playing on lower settings. Ive tried underclocking my gfx card a slight bit. My cpu some times runs kind of hot. 50-70 celsius average. hottest ive ever seen is 73. but i dont have any programs that will log what temp it was at when it crashes. I dont know whether its a ram problem, bad cpu core, faulty gfx card, temperatures, driver problem. I really am pulling my hair out to figure this out. I can give you guys as much info as possible, and maybe you can help me figure it out, or atleast help me with some programs i can DL that can figure out whats wrong.

Computer:
Vista 32-bit
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+ 3.2 GHz
Asus M2A-VM Motherboard
4 gigs of nvidia DDR2 ram
Nvidia GTS 250 card Current driver is the EVGA Recommended 195.62 (its an evga card, and it was doing this stuff with the nvidia current driver too. i put this driver in a day or two ago.)
Ultra LS500 Lifetime Series 500W Power Supply
Case is the NZXT Alpha

Changes
Since I bought the computer the only hardware changes ive done was:
580 watt power supply -> 500 watt (Power surge fried the first one)
Nvidia 8600 gt -> Nvidia 250 GTS

Drivers:
I bought this computer already built. The only drivers I have touched were the ones for the graphics card. the 186.16 Recommended by nvidia and the 195.62 recommended by EVGA

here are 2 pics of the computer (Ive been told my wiring is messy and could be a problem. I dont know)
http://i48.tinypic.com/1267ced.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/2wgi17d.jpg
Any help or helpful feedback is greatly appreciated! im looking for all kinds of hardware upgrades now.. considering replacing my processor, psu, case just to fix this problem...

Re-add drivers for your gfx card.

Might want to see what temps are for your GPU.

Won't hurt to run memtest as well.

Driver Sweeper! I was trying to remember what that dang program was called. Thanks Slaymate!

That sounds about right..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom