Blue screens.Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
correct, but click on "quick check and repair"....you have a "winlogon Virus", meaning the virus starts WITH your booting process...This program will also reset your .exe.-associations...
smile.png

Its SUPPOSE to work, as it only changes a registry key,...if it doesnt, i'll compile a 64-bit version for you ( quickly )...but i'm sure it will fix these settings even though it IS only a 32-bit utility.....

your problem ( or PART of it ) lies here ---> HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
After running the program, your pc will be rid of winlogon-start keys that was written to the above registry setting via a virus, OR a rogueware program...

When finished, please run combofix.exe. Combofix unfortunatly also writes a autorun.inf -key to your registry that makes autorun files not executing. When finished, RE-RUN the "Winlogon Repear" utility...it will get rid of Combofix'es Autorun in the registry...

Let me know how things turned out. The reason why i asked you to do this first, is so you can FIRST get rid of the virus...THEN take it from there...

Ok. Quick checked and repaired. And now it says No winlogon virus in registry.
How do I run combofix?

Ok. Quick checked and repaired. And now it says No winlogon virus in registry.
How do I run combofix?
You can run any other Anti Virus as well and spyware program....ie MalwareBytes/SuperAntiSpyware/"any other antivirus"-program
I WOULD SUGGEST RUNNING IT IN SAFE MODE!

Thing is, we now need to get rid of the PHYSICAL virus as it might still be on your PC...
I just like Combofix, but if youre unfimilar with it, i suggest you go read up on it or ask advice here ---> "hxxp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

I have the newest graphics drivers downloaded at the moment. Nothing changed.

Now if I think back. I installed new graphics drivers a day or a half before the first BSOD. Can it be true that the new graphics driver is not working correctly?

I'd like to thank everyone who has helped me to this point.

I feel like we drifted away from the actual problem.. Your OS crashes when you try to load a game (leans toward graphics issue) ... You then stated that thinking back these issues happened after you installed a new graphics software (again leans towards graphic issue).. I have never heard of a virus BSOD your computer when you launch a game..

Sorry, have to go. I'm from South Africa, so it's night time here, but i believe anyone else could give you a hand regarding the rest of the removing-instructions :)

@Lasvegascomputer...I just helped him to get rid of his first obstacle, as it seems his machine was infected as well. No use trying to install drivers etc if a pc is still infected :(

You said your graphics card was a "MSI HD6870 R" which is a ATI Radeon HD 6870 series.. AMD released a driver update for this product on 3/7/2012 Version 12.2. Can we confirm that is your graphics card drive you are currently using? To confirm this check device manager > Display > Right Click GPU and select properties.. Look under driver and verify you have that date.. You can also launch the actual CCC and view the running version.

I recommend you find the 12.1 version that you used before.

I found these threads on the internet.. looks like others are having the same issue or choppy graphics since the update:
BSOD after about 30 hours of use, believe it is catalyst 12.2 related - Windows 7 Forums
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nuEV14hixk
atikmdag.sys bsod 12.2 drivers
AMD Catalyst 12.2 is out

Hmm the virus is not in the registry anymore but it is probably still using a process so check the task manager for an explorer.exe not Explorer it's explorer lower case e. Okay?

Hmm the virus is not in the registry anymore but it is probably still using a process so check the task manager for an explorer.exe not Explorer it's explorer lower case e. Okay?

Lets put it THIS way...The virusd is not "suppose" to start, as that's why it deleted the key of the appropriate virus. BUT....seeing the fact he DID had a virus that started-up under "winlogon", chances are there are other viruses 2 on his system that could have "some" inpact on his files...hence the reason i use combofix DIRECTLY after removing winlogon-viruses. I have found that Combofix is the MOST powerfull of all the antivirus programs out there. After Combofix, i usually use Superantispyware or Malwarebytes...I'm just worried that he installs the correct driver ( that is if it is a genuine driver fault ), but his pc is still infected...it could just make things worse...

That is awfully true if he installs a new driver and it becomes infected....... Not an easy scenario :( It would suck to be you bro if that happened

Ok. Did everything that you guys told me. Now I'm trying to somehow install AMD Catalyst older version. Right now it shows that I am using version 12.3.

Downloading AMD Catalyst 12.1 preview. I think that was my old driver. Sure hope it will fix the problems.

Ok I'm giving up. I can't download it. The file gets corrupted every single time. I'll just format my hard drive and re-install Windows 7. And never update AMD drivers.

Thanks to everyone who helped me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom