blue screen in Q4

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshd

Fully Optimized
i have been playing Q4, (amazing game, by the way) and every now and then i get a blue screen, with no text on it. the sound goes all jittery, crackly and distorted. i have to turn the computer off at the switch. i am thinking it is because i have OpenAL turned on? The problem is quite in frequent, so when i turn it off and play, i have no idea if the change is making a difference.

please give your opinions as to what the problem may be.

(specs in sig)

thanks in advance

Well the Graphic card you have insn't the greatest. Do you know the temps of your system?

Try updating game patch, video drivers.

the card runs it at 40+ fps when on low settings.

by disabling openAL, it now keeps crashing by just freezing, rather than the blank blue screen. when frozen, the sound is now a solid hum, rather than distorted noises. i still cant do anything apart from turn off at the switch when it has crashed.

sorry, no temps bar HDD.

i have updated my video drivers to catalyst 5.12, and i have updated to beta audigy 2 zs drivers that enable openAL properly.

it still crashes. it isnt very often, only after 20 - 40 mins of gameplay. (which would lead me to think temps, but there isnt really anything i can do about it. i dont see any artifacts. )

i will try some patches.

Uninstall the Beta Drivers and Install the reccomended ones off the Manufactures Site, the Default ones. Drivers can cause this.

the beta drivers, for the soundcard, are from the creative site.

the problem has benn happening before and after I installed the beta drivers anyway.

i think i have found the problem - heat.

it is all good when i play with the window open. i get a bit cold though, lol. why would quake overheat the pc more than any onther game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom