Blue Screen Error Logs/Hijack this - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 02:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Blue Screen Error Logs/Hijack this

Im using a ABIT ni8 SLI GR mobo, and a evga 6800GS. I have only downloaded and installed the realtek and latest nvidia drivers from their sites. I have been getting tons of errors from 0xblabla83 0x0000000A, 0x0000007e, the list continues. The following is a list with all the startup options include in msconfig. So im workin with a full dish and need to cut it down until I can find my problem. Any help appreciated. thanks ^_^

So I have been gettings tons of different blue screens im my recently constructed pc. Have troubleshooted alot of it. At one opoint I thought I had fixed it for a few days and then it started happening. Im almost sure its some driver I have. I just reformatted today and I have been getting lots of them all day. Here are the error messages in the event viewer.

The DHCP Client service depends on the NetBios over Tcpip service which failed to start because of the following error:
A device attached to the system is not functioning.

The DNS Client service depends on the TCP/IP Protocol Driver service which failed to start because of the following error:

The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service depends on the AFD service which failed to start because of the following error:

The IPSEC Services service depends on the IPSEC driver service which failed to start because of the following error:

Then the last one is a combined message of
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
AFD
Fips
intelppm
IPSec
MRxSmb
NetBIOS
NetBT
RasAcd
Rdbss
Tcpip. Just got another message with the same message but its just says that the Fips and intelppm drivers are at fault on that certain log. ((I looked up all these drivers in system information and most the ones I could find from this listed error were unassigned... and also legacy drivers.... So im completely confused.

The Following is my saved log for Hijack this

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\Skatterbrain\Desktop\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mmc.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Steam] "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ABIT uGuruIII] C:\Program Files\ABIT\uGuru\uGuru.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

I dont know if this helps but this is the info from my system information under hardware resources - Conflict/Sharing.... Just trying to give as much info as I can so I can get this problem fixed heh
I/O Port 0x00000000-0x00000CF7 PCI bus
I/O Port 0x00000000-0x00000CF7 Direct memory access controller

IRQ 20 Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller
IRQ 20 NVIDIA Network Bus Enumerator

I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge
I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GS

IRQ 21 Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller
IRQ 21 Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

IRQ 22 Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
IRQ 22 Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

Memory Address 0xD0000000-0xDFFFFFFF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge
Memory Address 0xD0000000-0xDFFFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GS

Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF PCI bus
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GS

I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge
I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GS

Memory Address 0xFA000000-0xFCFFFFFF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge
Memory Address 0xFA000000-0xFCFFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GS

Old 05-01-2006, 03:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to coreyjames66

Just a comment......

I downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers for my 6100 and they caused me so many problems that I reformatted.

I was getting stop errors and menu's disappearing and all kinds of problems.

FYI

Old 05-01-2006, 08:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

All the errors you listed seem to be from some sort of network controler. Try disabling it in the device manager (Right click "My Computer" and select "Properties" from there goto the hardware tab and select device manager. Fand the network adapter and right click and select diable this device, OR if it is already disabled try enabling it) Also you can try to uninstall them and reinstall them again from the same screen. Hope it helps
Old 05-02-2006, 12:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

You mean my network card? If so its what came with the mobo. I just updated my chipset drivers and no more errors as of yet. But then again I havent given it a while. Which controller might I possibly be looking for? Im talking about ide ata and atapi controllers. Are these the ones your talking about or the network card I mentioned earlier?
Old 05-03-2006, 03:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default What drivers do I need?

Current mobo is an abit. NI8 SLI GR. Its a nforce based chipset instead of the intel

Alright so I have been getting a few driver related blue screens ONCE AGAIN. I uninstalled all the realtek and nvidia drivers and then cleaned then out with driver cleaner pro. I then installed the chipset drivers from the cd that came with the mobo.
I also have a evga 6800gs. So I went to the nvidia site and downloaded their latest drivers. After that I found the latest realtek drivers and also installed them. The drivers seem like they are old for the network adapter. What do I need to download to upgrade my network adapter? Also I tried to download the latest nforce chipset drivers from the abit site but everytime I would try to download it I would get a error that says "550 failed to change directory". I cant seem to find these drivers anywhere else. And these are the only drivers I have installed so far. So any advice on what to install next and where I could possibly get it would be great. Oh sidenote while installing the stock nforce chipset drivers it asked me to install another driver called IDE-SW. I allowed it to but I dont really know if I should have or not. Oh well I guess time will tell.

PS. In everest it says my audio adapter is
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP04 - Audio Codec Interface - (Never seen anything about this)

and my network adapter

Network Adapter NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller - Packet Scheduler Miniport (66.177.30.243)

I just dont know what the whole packet scheduler thing is but I have seen errors in my event log with those words mentioned.

Thanks in advance ^_^
Closed Thread