Blue Screen of Death... why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
Idk why I have been getting the BSOD lately (blue screen of death). This is the code I get when I restart my pc from "the system has recovered form a serious error" mesage.

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : 805974A6 BCP3 : A895FA24
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 768_1

I really think its the harddrive... the harddrive is about 4 years old, IDE 160gb. My pc runs slow even with my specs (in my sig) Ill be getting a new SATA HDD in a few days... so thats no big deal. But I am just wondering what is causing this... It just happens when Im on fire fox, games, anything. Thanks guys.
*EDIT* this is the link I get after I hit send report: Microsoft Windows Error Reporting

Without knowing the Stop error code we cant help. Those codes posted wont show up on any search. We need either the stop error code or the minidump files.

Have you checked Windows System Event Log to see if there's a more detailed description of the problem?

Didnt see anything >< When it happens again I will take a pic of it with my camera.

Happened again as I was logging on wow! Here are pics!
IMG00422.jpg

bluescreen.jpg

In your sig it says you have an overclock.

So some settings are not right causing instability or RAM is bad or going bad.

Those would be my top guesses.

So all you gotta do is try different voltages and timmings en such. If it still happens set everything back to stock, if it still happens then RAM is probably bad and you should try memtest.

actually, I brought everything back to stock settings. Im not going to OC again until I get my new HDD. This PC is running SO slow.

It's the ram. I just ran memtest rly quick with both sticks in to check and within 10 seconds there were already 9 errors. I pulled 1 stick out. So far no errors. This sucks!

ok, only 1 stick is bad. The guy told me that the sticks should ALWAYS be at 2.2v (2.19v).So the fact that I have been running everything stock for a while probably killed it. But Im giving them my credit card number, then they ship 2 new sticks out. When they get my old ones, the money is refunded. Guess everything worked out then. memtest FTW!!!

Crucial sticks? Also, usually they wont charge your card unless you take too long to ship the old stuff back.

Crucial Ballistix. 2x1gb. Only 1gb is bad so i am using 1gb til I get the new ones.

its crucial ballistix. RMA is on the way :D Crucial support was A++++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom