blue screen of death / some other problems!! help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueprint

Baseband Member
ok i originally had the blue screen of death i tried all types of so called boots all of what i was told so i got tired of that and shut off the computer took out the hard drive and tried another one to see if that would fix the problem the other hard drive had windows 2000 the first one xp that didn't work said it can't recognize it so now i put the old hard drive back in and it can't recognize that either !! now when i try to boot it says diskette drive seek failure doesn't even recognize my hard drive exists!!

primary drive 0 not found

primary drive 1 not found to address ahead of time no i don't have the original disk that dell gave me

just a few specs on the cpu its a p4 2.8 ghz 512 mb dell dimension 3000 bios version a02 some one please help me i miss my computer!!!

Is this a SATA hard drive? It maybe you need to load a driver for the controller.

You're not being very clear, Which hard drive has 2000 on it? the one that blue screened or the on you're testing with?

Is this a SATA hard drive? It maybe you need to load a driver for the controller.

You're not being very clear, Which hard drive has 2000 on it? the one that blue screened or the on you're testing with?

the one i'm testing with has windows 2000 the one with blue screen of death has hp home edition

doesn't say if its sata on the hard drive but the model is seagate barracuda 7200.7 80 gbytes fireware 8.16 i'm guessing it's sata because i'm seeing some ata type stuff on the seagate site or it could be ide not sure

here is model number ST380011A

heres what the site says ST-380011A (Barracuda 7200.7 80, Ultra ATA/100)

i got it to recognize my hard drive

now all it says is diskette drive 0 seek failure what does that mean

also it says my cd rom isn't installed ? yet it seemingly works

OK so its not a SATA drive, it sounds like a hardware related error message and as you've tried two different hard drives that would suggest it might be the IDE cable, the controller on the motherboard or possibly something else.

Do you have another computer to hand? it would be good if you could put your hard drive in another computer to verify if it works.

I would suggest you try a different IDE cable and swapping to the other IDE socket on the motherboard, you'd need to change the boot device in the BIOS too.

If you suspect a RAM problem you could check that by running something like memtest86 or windiag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom