Blue screen of death HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the easiest way to test the memory is to take urs out and place another one in (one that u r sure that works). same problems than its not the memory and if it fixes the problem then it is the memory. u should check to see what kind of memory u have (pc3200, 2700, 2100 are some common sticks). try to find a willing victim so u can borrow their memory stick for ur test :D

lady strife69 said:
where are the memory sticks at in the comp? that could by why mines giving me the Blue screen...

Long skinny PCB boards that are usually near the CPU.

Well, it wasn't the ram. It's still not working. So what do I do now? HEEELLLLPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Stick your Win XP disc in the CD drive, preferably the master drive if you have more than one.
-Boot to BIOS and ensure that the CD-rom is set to boot up before the Hard Drive, save and exit your BIOS setup. restart your computer if it doesnt automatically.
-When "press any key to boot from the CD" comes on the screen, press any key
-Follow the directions. You may be able to get away with just a repair install instead of a full install, which will let you keep files/settings. READ everything on the screen when you boot from the CD. If you delete a partition, you lose everything, and it can not be recovered. If keeping your files/settings are not an issue, delete the partition and do a fresh install.

Interesting to know why your windows got corrupt.

After you get windows installed, I would suggest a battery of utility programs, AVG anti-virus, Spybot S & D, Lavasoft Ad-Aware, and Use of Mozilla firefox. those will help limit any bugs you may get. Also, refer back to these forums for more help on securing your system.

to the lady that asked where is the RAM..

This is something I scrapped, since im on a rush.. for more detailed explanation of the way a mobo built you can PM me if you want.. I will explain to you what is each and every part... anyway.. RAM/CPU:

778959.jpg

What is this windows xp cd? Is it the two cd set for the whole entire system restore?? My computer never came with cds that only have win xp on them. Even if I did have the cd, it wouldn't matter. My cd drive doesn't read or write cds. Any thoughts on why that could be. Every couple of months it either works or doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom