Blue screen of death help!

Well I done the above and still no luck. I just spoke to someone who runs a computer repair place and he seems to think its the RAM from the last minidump I sent you. At a complete loss now.

But you already replaced your RAM...which is why I think it's possibly a motherboard issue. Either that or it's a compatibility issue with your RAM/board, or you have bad stick(s) again.

Yes, do a fresh install of Windows. That way we can confirm or debunk that it's a hardware issue.

Will i need a copy of windows spare or a disk or something to do a fresh install?

Do you have a reinstall disc or no? If not... then let me know what version and edition of Windows you have (e.g. Windows 7 Home Premium) and I can link you to an ISO.

Make sure you have your serial for Windows handy as well (should be on the side of your computer if it's a pre-built system, or in the box/package for Windows when you bought it if you built the system yourself). Unless you ordered it digitally, then you should have it in an email or something somewhere.

Hm this may be an issue, I bought the PC a fair few years back, would that windows cereal key still be relevant or would I need to grab another one? It's windows 7 and it's 64 bit!

Also is it a factory reset im doing? I'm hoping to do it now before I go to bed then tomorrow installing GTA whilst i'm in work again. Problem is I'm not entirely sure of what it is I'm doing

So much for that anyway... Having hell finding a disk so I'm going to leave it for tomorrow instead and save me from ruining my brain any further with more problems I'll surely encounter!

Hm this may be an issue, I bought the PC a fair few years back, would that windows cereal key still be relevant or would I need to grab another one? It's windows 7 and it's 64 bit!

So much for that anyway... Having hell finding a disk so I'm going to leave it for tomorrow instead and save me from ruining my brain any further with more problems I'll surely encounter!

I need to know the edition (Home Premium, Pro, Ultimate) as well and, like I said, I can send you a link to an ISO that you can burn to a disc or make a bootable USB drive...

Is this a custom or prebuilt (from a company like HP, Dell, etc.) PC? If it's a custom built one, then find the key that came with your version of Windows you bought. If you can't find it, then there are keyfinder utilities we can try and use. If it's a prebuilt PC, then there should be a sticker on the side of your PC somewhere with the Windows serial on it. No, you shouldn't have to buy a new serial for Windows (unless you are running a pirated version or something).

Also is it a factory reset im doing? I'm hoping to do it now before I go to bed then tomorrow installing GTA whilst i'm in work again. Problem is I'm not entirely sure of what it is I'm doing

Essentially its a factory reset, yes.

Back
Top Bottom