Blue screen of death help!

I'd suggest running a memtest.

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Download the ISO, burn it to a disc, and boot off of it. Let it run for a minimum of 4 hours (the longer the better). If you get any errors at all then you'll want to test each stick one at a time and find out which one is the bad stick.

so you think its something to do with the memory RAM? Because if so I was intending on buying a new set this week anyway which I could just do a little sooner.

I see, I'll make an early purchase then probably. Did the other minidumps not mention anything else about Razer?

Nope, they mentioned various other applications which makes me think it's possibly RAM related (Chrome was mentioned, as well as Dying Light).

Hmm very strange considering this blue screen is a different one too the one we initially had! I was meaning to upgrade this week anyway from 8GB to 16GB! I'm just hoping I don't get it sorted only to be greeted by a lovely blue screen! Im playing Dying light as we speak as I have for the past 45 minutes with no bluescreen which is odd!

Edit - I managed to play for just over an hour with no bluescreens. This is after uninstalling the razer software, whether thats done the trick, (Which is unlikely) or blind luck. We'll find out tomorrow! I'll get to finding a decent priced 16gb ram also!

Last edited:
Try to update your BIOS i have the same issue couple month ago. Try to change every part from mother board to cpu, RAM , graphic card, and drivers. But still have the same until i update the BIOS no no more BSOD

Hmm very strange considering this blue screen is a different one too the one we initially had! I was meaning to upgrade this week anyway from 8GB to 16GB! I'm just hoping I don't get it sorted only to be greeted by a lovely blue screen! Im playing Dying light as we speak as I have for the past 45 minutes with no bluescreen which is odd!

Edit - I managed to play for just over an hour with no bluescreens. This is after uninstalling the razer software, whether thats done the trick, (Which is unlikely) or blind luck. We'll find out tomorrow! I'll get to finding a decent priced 16gb ram also!
Good luck.

Try to update your BIOS i have the same issue couple month ago. Try to change every part from mother board to cpu, RAM , graphic card, and drivers. But still have the same until i update the BIOS no no more BSOD

Also a good suggestion.

Sorry how does one properly update their bios? I'll have a look on the Internet!

Go to your motherboard manufacturer's website and type in your mobo's model #. Same place you got the drivers from...except there should be a section (either a dropdown or a tab or something) for BIOS updates.

Check what version they have as their latest available, and then check what version you have. You can do this from within Windows (sometimes) by doing this:
Start -> type 'msinfo32.exe' (without quotes) -> Press Enter -> under the "System Summary" section, look for "BIOS Version/Date" and it should have the version listed there.

Back
Top Bottom