Blue screen of death help!

Thanks! I've done as you said, and hopefully all is well now! Thanks a ton for the help guys, really appreciate it! I'll inform you on the results soon!

Good to hear - hopefully you don't get anymore BSOD's. Let us know if you do - and like I said before, check for minidumps after you get them.

So far so good, no bluescreens after a fair session of gaming on Battlefield Hardline. I'll keep you posted!

Just letting you guys know that the problem is still there, I followed the instructions exactly as told and I just recieved another blues screen the exact same as the one I showed you earlier :s I'm at a loss.. Any ideas?
I used the driver uninstalled to remove any trace of drivers then reinstalled the correct drivers from the nvidia website, I don't understand what's been done wrong! What's worse is that it just blue screened playing Counter Strike, which is a rather low demanding game to run. I'm hoping I haven't made the issue worse. The blue screen is currently still on screen and doesn't shownany sign of moving, any ideas?

My apologies, I re read what you suggested and realise that you asked me to uninstall via the control panel before using ddu. I shall go back and do this again! Hoping for the best.

My apologies, I re read what you suggested and realise that you asked me to uninstall via the control panel before using ddu. I shall go back and do this again! Hoping for the best.

Make sure you run DDU in Safe Mode as well.

Also, would be a good idea to check your temps of your GPU/CPU with something like HWMonitor during your gameplay session. How soon into the game does it usually BSOD, or is it random? Is it the same 0x7e everytime? If so, you may want to run a chkdsk as well:

Start -> type 'cmd' (without quotes) -> right click -> run as admin -> in the console window that pops up type:
chkdsk C: /f /r
Press Enter and it will say it cannot lock the current drive and to run on next reboot. Type Y and hit Enter -> Reboot your computer and let it run through the check (it may take some time, depending on how big your HDD is).

I often check my heat stats whilst gaming since I first blue screened and it rarely surfaces over 60c, it can blue screen from any time I start the game although it usually is after a short while. Although I couldn't imagine a game such as counter strike putting a lot of strain on my computer, however I could be wrong! I've found its almost always the exact same stop code as well, once I've reinstalled the drivers again, I'll do the next step you told me of to try and find out the issue!

CS shouldn't be stressing or straining a 980 at all unless you're downsampling (even then, not sure how much it would actually strain it).

Is the card OC'd at all?

Back
Top Bottom