Blue screen of death help!

Slothraki

Baseband Member
As you can see from the title, I'm experiencing constant blue screens of death on my gaming PC. I've found the more demanding the game, the more blue screens that are thrown my way, and it's become a real nuisance now! I believe it's down to faulty graphics drivers (or other drivers) as the issue occurred after upgrading my PCs gpu, cpu and few other parts. I have no knowledge in terms of software on computers, therefore any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot guys! (error codes include - 0x0000007e being the most common, although there are rarely a few others)

Gpu - gtx 980 4gb
Cpu - amd fx 8350
8gb ram
600w psu

Uninstall your GPU drivers, run DDU from here:
Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 14.1.0.0

Then download/reinstall the latest GPU drivers from nVidia's website.

Also, see if there are any minidump files under C:\Windows\Minidump

If there are, copy them out of the folder, zip them all up, and attach them to a post and I can analyze them to see if it is indeed a faulty driver.

Thanks a lot for the response! I apologise for replying so late, I didn't think anyone would get back to me so early! Anyway, I've checked the Minidump files and there are none as of a recent date. There are 4 files all together, 3 of which are in 2013, one in 2014. I've not particularly confident I know what I'm doing when playing around with files on my PC which is why I've wrote this post! But I do have photos of some of the previous blue screens saved on my phone if they would be of any help?

Yes, pics of the BSOD's would help - it's a start at least.

Have you tried reinstalling your GPU drivers as I suggested?

Bluescreen1.jpg
bluescreen2.jpg

here are the last 2 I got.
And no I haven't yet, simply because I'd like to confirm that's the issue first! If you think it is then I'll be happy to do it though! ;)

Yup definitely sounds like issues with the video driver based on the 2 blue screens... looked up both stop codes and both point to driver issues.

Awesome, thanks a lot! Tomorrow morning I'll have a mess around and do as you told me! I'll let you know how it go's!

Sorry, is there a proper way to remove graphics drivers? I'm rather inexperienced in this department which is probably why I'm in this mess to start with!

Sorry, is there a proper way to remove graphics drivers? I'm rather inexperienced in this department which is probably why I'm in this mess to start with!
Posted instructions in my first post ;).

Uninstall your GPU drivers from Control Panel -> Programs & Features, run DDU from here (follow the instructions on the page):
Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 14.1.0.0

Then download/reinstall the latest GPU drivers from nVidia's website.

Back
Top Bottom