Blue Screen of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh so it did come with a S-ATA? Well, did you connect it yet? And sure if you want to get another one since this is the Hard-drive that has been causing you problems correct?

Oh so it did come with a S-ATA? Well, did you connect it yet? And sure if you want to get another one since this is the Hard-drive that has been causing you problems correct?

Yeah, this is the only harddrive I gotten for this computer, I believe that once i get, I have to take it to a shop to get the SATA drivers put in, because I have no Floopy drive. Do you think I should go ahead and buy a IDE instead?????

Windows XP install does not have driver support for SATA or SCSI controllers, you need to manually load your SATA or RAID device drivers from a floppy prior to the installation. You will be looking for the following prompt:

"Press F6 to install third party SCSI/RAID device drivers"

No no, you do not need to bring your hard-drive into a shop. The motherboard seems to already have S-ATA Connector's 3gb/s. I think that's the motherboard I'm looking at.

okok, well, now at the CMOS screen, only the cd/DVD drive shows up and my hard drive doesn't show up anymore on one of the master slots. Whats the deal? it showed up before...

Youw must be talking about this...
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE 550 Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 550 MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

The hard-drive doesn't show up? What the :confused:. Did you connect the S-ATA cables in the correct spots? Did you plug in the S-ATA Cable and the 4pin-15pin Power Cable? Oh man, if you hear a click, then there is something wrong with the disc readers inside the hard-drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom