Blue Screen of death??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitzi

Baseband Member
Hi Everyone..

I hope this is in the right forum - apologies if it's not..

Right...the problem is the last few times I've went to shut down the computer at home..I've gotten a blue screen full of white writing.

It was late when I got it so I'm sorry I didn't get the whole error message(Okay I was real lazy and I took pics of the error message with my phone - only the middle one went blurry!).

Here's what I've got if anyone could help..

"ialmdd5.DLL - Address BFa70026 ......BFA35000, DateStamp 00000000"

Underneath that then it says "Beginning dump of physical memory"..It completes that and then says "Contact your system administrator for assistance".

Would be very grateful for anyhelp..

I should also mention the computer is a Dell Dimension 2400, running Windows XP SP2, with 256MB Ram(Didn't even realise it was that little)

Hi Everyone..

I hope this is in the right forum - apologies if it's not..

Right...the problem is the last few times I've went to shut down the computer at home..I've gotten a blue screen full of white writing.

It was late when I got it so I'm sorry I didn't get the whole error message(Okay I was real lazy and I took pics of the error message with my phone - only the middle one went blurry!).

Here's what I've got if anyone could help..

"ialmdd5.DLL - Address BFa70026 ......BFA35000, DateStamp 00000000"

Underneath that then it says "Beginning dump of physical memory"..It completes that and then says "Contact your system administrator for assistance".

Would be very grateful for anyhelp..

I should also mention the computer is a Dell Dimension 2400, running Windows XP SP2, with 256MB Ram(Didn't even realise it was that little)

ialmdd5.DLL is the Direct Draw Driver for Intel Graphics, it probaly corrupted or something

ialmdd5.DLL is the Direct Draw Driver for Intel Graphics, it probaly corrupted or something

Ya I did manage to figure out that it was corrupted...thanks for the help all the same.

I've run virus scans, and all the usual clean up operations. Is there anything else I can do to try and solve this problem? Thanks for any help in advance, it's really appriciated.

i starpped a fan to my graphics card solved everything!!

Hmmm...was it very complicated? Not the best really with the insides of computers...

It's actually even my parent's computer...I was just using it because I'm home from college so I don't really want to get into it too much..

ok you will need a 80mm fan and some sellotape or any other kind of tape, remove the graphics card from the slot and put the fan on top of the heatsink ( a heatsink is the metal thing or plastic thing) just sellotape the fan careful not to get the sellotape in the fan otherwise you will get a clicking sound.

if that isnt very clear heres a picture:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j248/cumcumtoto/01-04-07_0954.jpg

Ya I did manage to figure out that it was corrupted...thanks for the help all the same.

I've run virus scans, and all the usual clean up operations. Is there anything else I can do to try and solve this problem? Thanks for any help in advance, it's really appriciated.

you can back up your hd and re-install windows. you may be able to find the drivers for your motherboard online, which would perhaps contain your corrupted drivers (in their non-corrupted state lol). if it is a pre-built, that may be difficult. maybe this helps...i dunno. the only time i get a bsod is if my RAM is overclocked too much, timed too tight, or my cpu is overclocked with too little voltage.

you can back up your hd and re-install windows. you may be able to find the drivers for your motherboard online, which would perhaps contain your corrupted drivers (in their non-corrupted state lol). if it is a pre-built, that may be difficult. maybe this helps...i dunno. the only time i get a bsod is if my RAM is overclocked too much, timed too tight, or my cpu is overclocked with too little voltage.

I'll see what I can find online for it before I re-install...It hasn't happened the last few times now so maybe it's okay again..lol..here's hoping!

Thanks for your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom