Blue Screen before login

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono

In Runtime
Been gettin the old blue screen of death whenever i try do anything
runnin vista, and the 1st time it happened was when i tryed installing alcohol 120.
I posted this in the hardware forums because i think it may be my graphics card, which earlier today, i underclocked 50mhz, as i was told there was a problem with 7900gt. this worked, and let me play all the games which were unplayable previously.

But after the initial blue screen, i havnt been able to do anything.
As soon the vista log in screen appears, it will blue screen arond 15 seconds later, regardless if i log in or not.
I try safe mode, as the blue screen tells me, but this yields worse results, with it blue screening before i even see any form of log in screen.

Ive found it isnt my hard drive, as i swapped it for another, and tryed to boot from my xp disk, and install it... but it freezes around 10-20 seconds in.

so like i said, i kinda think it must be my gfx, but i have no spare, so i cant find out. i didnt realize underclocking could have this effect, and whats worse, is i cant see any way of changing the clocking on my card, without getting into vista.

Am i on the right track about it being vid card related, and if so, is there any practical way i fix this? If im not right, what else could this be from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom