blue screen. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 07:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

Default blue screen.

i fail at life.

ataport.sys is the file thats crashing, and it says that an attempt was made to write to read-only memory. and then it gives some codes.

Technical informatoin

STOP: 0x000000BE (0x82432B8E, 0x026B1121, 0x82407E5C, 0x0000000A)

thanks....

i google'd the matter and it said something about hdd failure which would effing blow cause this is the only decent hdd i have.... so if someone could shed some light on the matter i would be most appreciative.

A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ste
Do not Stare at my Avatar

Send a message via MSN to Ste
Default Re: blue screen.

If it is not reoccuring, ignore it, if it reoccurs often, google, download, burn and run for a minimum of four of memtest86+ with your memory at it's purchased speed, timmings abd voltage.

Also, update all drivers, update windows, check if BIOS is up to date and make sure all you have no malware or other malicious code running.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

everything's updated, i think its catalyst drivers.

Could undervolted memory possibly cause blue screens?\

on top of that it takes a good 6-7 minutes to load.....
A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter.Cort View Post

Could undervolted memory possibly cause blue screens?
Could, yes..

Do the memtest thing and if it passes with zero errors over four hours, download HDD health and post a screen shot of the data table.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

hdd is fine, 100% health, running at 34C. Ran OCCT for a full run and it checked out.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ste

Sooo, hows that memtest going?
Old 06-08-2008, 07:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

i'm still trying to make a bootable cd... haha. i'm a small failure to society i know..

Old 06-08-2008, 07:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Ste

all you need to do is burn the downloaded .iso file to a blank CD-r Using IMgburn.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

well.. definitely not working... lol. I'm gonna go for a fresh install.... this is getting rediculous..

Closed Thread