blu ray drive and powerdvd fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i just tried installing anydvd-hd and now the computer wont even finish booting, it just gives me a black screen with a mouse pointer that wont move. So great, now i have to reinstall windows. I have done a safe mode boot and uninstalled anydvd-hd and it still wont compete a full boot. I'm really ****ed off about this right now. I put off blu-ray for the longest time, and now that i decide to use it, the piece of **** doesnt even work. Thanks sony, thanks for making this a giant pain in the *** to use anything but your player to watch BD movies that cost twice as much as a DVD.

Specs:
Win7 64bit RC
LG combo hd-dvd/bd/bdr drive
Powerdvd 9 home (with BD playback capability)
Samsung 67" DLP
nvidia 8500GT
tv is hooked up with hdmi from the video card (card has dvi/hdmi out)
When playing a video, power dvd says "internal error", and thats all.

I guess i'm just going to have to eat the 15% restocking fee and send this back and just buy a ps3.
God i hate sony so much.

Edit: Got anydvd to work, it stripped whatever copyright was on it, and guess what happens next. "Internal error" please go **** yourself.

edit#2: After doing some reading, i was directed to reinstall powerdvd. NOW IT BLUE SCREENS WHEN I PUT A DVD IN THE PLAYER. GOD ******.

FINALLY got it working. It seems there was a new video driver this week. 190.xx is out. That being said, i'm not that impressed with the quality of bd over sd. The drive seems to upconvert my standard dvds and make them look pretty much the same as the bd. I'll report back when i watch a couple more bds.

Although the sound does seem to be better than watching an SD dvd.

I feel your pain man... I've been ****ed off messing around with BD all last week trying to get 7 and Vista to play nice. I finally got it all to work in 7 (after the third complete install) using Vista drivers :/ PowerDVD 9 works fine for me, so it might just be an issue with the drive. I have the same brand drive, with just the BD ROM and it's worked with both Nvidia cards and ATI.

I agree with you on the quality of BD....although my TV is only 1080i until I get a new one. The colors seem much sharper, and here and there I can see noticeably higher quality. Funny thing is animated movies actually have the most drastic difference. BTW...HD-DVD is just as good of quality as BD and you can pick up the movies for as cheap as $3-4 on Amazon.

1080i is the best right now... Think you mean "p"
1080p is the currently the highest resolution, which is also the resolution of BD. My TV is only 1080i or 720p. It's a bit older TV. 1080i is the best you can get for HD programming...although I think DirecTV is now offering 1080p for some PPV stuff.

1080p is the currently the highest resolution, which is also the resolution of BD. My TV is only 1080i or 720p. It's a bit older TV. 1080i is the best you can get for HD programming...although I think DirecTV is now offering 1080p for some PPV stuff.

Bahaha yha yha EPIC FAIL on my behalf..... brain not caffinated enough

Actually there's 1200p too (1980x1200) and 1600p (2***x1600, can't remember it exactly, it's the one 30" monitors use), and there's all the cinema resolutions used by cinema projectors.

I think the BBC offers 1080p on BBC HD, not entirely sure though.

Actually there's 1200p too (1980x1200) and 1600p (2***x1600, can't remember it exactly, it's the one 30" monitors use), and there's all the cinema resolutions used by cinema projectors.

I think the BBC offers 1080p on BBC HD, not entirely sure though.
But those aren't supported by current consumer electronics are they? In other words, any HDTV will only support resolutions up to 1080p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom