blown onboard soundcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlr

In Runtime
hi all it seems i have blown my onboard soundcard on my abit an7 motherboard i tryed to wire the front jacks up and wired them wrong but its blown the onboard soundcard too would it be cheaper to buy a new pci soundcard or just replace the motherboard

i saw this soundcard and wondered if its better than the onboard sound on the motherboard
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=151958

has anyone else blown there onboard sound as im hoping if i go out and buy a soundcard that it will work after blowing the onboard sound

mlr said:
has anyone else blown there onboard sound as im hoping if i go out and buy a soundcard that it will work after blowing the onboard sound

Yeah I saw it happen in an Intel board.

Just go to wal mart and buy a 25-30 dollar sound blaster live. Believe it or not, it will give you better sound quality over any onboard solution AND it offloads the data from the CPU. its really a win-win situation. just make sure that you disable your onboard sound in your motherboard bios first.

Try seeing if you can sneak the motherboard in for RMA first if it's still covered by Warranty.

Just play dumb with phrases like "The sound does not work any more"

Don't say any thing about your wiring the sound the wrong way.

On the bad side, it might mean that you are with out a motherboard for a few days to 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom