Blinking CPU light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aumialam

Beta member
Hi, I'm having trouble turning on my CPU. The light is flashing vigorously, and when i try to turn it on, nothing happens. The blinking stops when i unplug the CPU, but that's the only time. Has anyone had this kind of problem/know how to fix it?
Thanks a bunch =)

Hi, I'm having trouble turning on my CPU. The light is flashing vigorously, and when i try to turn it on, nothing happens. The blinking stops when i unplug the CPU, but that's the only time. Has anyone had this kind of problem/know how to fix it?
Thanks a bunch =)

Unplug the CPU?
First of all this is a CPU and this is what we call a computer tower.

Could you please provide a little more info? I'm assuming this is a computer you bought pre-built (Dell, HP, Asus, etc.) I'm also assuming that you are talking about that status LED on the front panel by the power button?

If these are all true then it could be anything. I'll list some possible issues starting with the most common:
- Your motherboard is either corrupted or broken.
- Your powersupply is not working properly.
- Your ram is totally fried. (which is unlikely)

Sometimes the LED will blink in a pattern to allow you to diagnose the problem. Tell us more about your computer and we'll help you do some research to see if this is the case.

Oh, my mistake.
When i unplug the cord, the light (on the power button) continues to blink until it eventually runs out of power, in which case, the blinking stops. However, when i plug it back in, it continues to do the same as before.
This is a picture of the same kind of tower i have: http://www.techmedicmobile.com/products/HP_computer.jpg
Mine is an hp pavillion a522n, though. And yes, it was brought pre-built.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom