Blew out my tower now it wont power up

Define "dead".

Any fans spin up? Lights turn on?

Have you tried reseating everything and made sure nothing is loose?

no fans no lights absolutely nothing. I am removing and reinstalling psu now and looking over everything. everything is pretty tight. if it was the motherboard would i still see some lights or something somewhere?

i did the paper clip jump test and get nothing. i had just 1 fan hiooked up to the psu and jumped the 4th and 5th pins. (my wires are all blacK) Seasonic

So i am assuming i nee a new psu. i am quite desperate to say the least. I use my system to daytrade stocks and i am in the middle of some heavy trades come monday morning. I live in the mountains away from many options. There is a Frys a few hours away and a best buy.

the absolute last thing i want to do is recable my system. i would have to remove water cooling and what not. So i would ideally like to use my existing modular cables.

can a corsair modular unit accept the seasonic cables?

i have the seasonic X-650 SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold ((SS-650KM Active PFC F3)) 650W ATX12V V2.3/EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com

I do not see the same model PSU as i have anywhere..

Let's start with the basics.

Make sure the switch on the PSU is turned on. I have turned mine off before so it can happen.

Also, make sure the power cable is seated firmly in the PSU as well as the wall/BBU socket.

Also make sure your internal connections are good. I would unplug and then replug each one.

Let's start with the basics.

Make sure the switch on the PSU is turned on. I have turned mine off before so it can happen.

Also, make sure the power cable is seated firmly in the PSU as well as the wall/BBU socket.

Also make sure your internal connections are good. I would unplug and then replug each one.

Check.. i did all that multiple times.

Check.. i did all that multiple times.

Thats kind of hard to believe your psu would just die from air cleaning.
Check your case pwr, rst and hdd led wires.
Unplug the pwr and reinsert it and make sure its the in correct position you had it in.
Also this might be a long shot, but wait till in the morning time.
Plug in your power cord and turn it on, make sure any dust or debre isn't on the mobo or near it capacitors.
Too much of it and it'll make your computer short out when powering on and off over time or kill it if powered in correctly.

If all else fails and you can use the net from whatever, order yourself a new psu from newegg and contact seasonic rma support for a replacement.

Welcome to Seasonic USA

Welcome to Seasonic USA

Back
Top Bottom