Blank Discs not detected!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ancalime

Baseband Member
Hey my computer has a problem where it cannot detect when a blank disc is in it. When I have a blank disc in my drive and I go on My Computer and double click the DVD icon, it says to please insert one! It reads discs with data in it fine though, things like pics and music. What is the problem? I have Windows XP SP2.

Thanks in advance!

Are these blank DVD's? There are different types of blank dvd media +r, -r, ram etc. Your drive may not support the type you are using. Purchase blank DVD +R, those are the most common type.

Can you try regular CD-Rs?
The brand actually makes a difference too. I have a cd burner in my Compaq machine and it only works with Memorex CD-Rs.

Alright I will give CD R a try. Thanks. Is there any known conflict with disc reading and SP2 though?

Ancalime said:
Alright I will give CD R a try. Thanks. Is there any known conflict with disc reading and SP2 though?

Not generally.....If it reads and writes who cares if it reads blank discs of not? You like looking at blank? This is utilitarian philosophical issue. If the drive reads DVDs and CDs and writes to both.........who cares??????????? I'd just forget about it as its a non issue if the drive is functional!!!!!

RicoDirenzo said:
Not generally.....If it reads and writes who cares if it reads blank discs of not? You like looking at blank? This is utilitarian philosophical issue. If the drive reads DVDs and CDs and writes to both.........who cares??????????? I'd just forget about it as its a non issue if the drive is functional!!!!!

No the problem is that because it does not detect a disc in the drive, I am unable to burn things into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom