Blackscreen on bootup

Status
Not open for further replies.

breaka

Baseband Member
Recently i removed a harddrive from my computer i had two in it, then the computer would just load a blackscreen so i put the other harddrive back still the same thing always a blackscreen. im not sure what happen to it any help would be great thanks!

what is on the black screen? by black screen do you mean the monitor is in standby mode. also try setting the jumpers so that the harddrive that is left after you take the one out is set to master.

The moniter is on stand by, when i remove all cables from the harddrive and boot it, its the same as the cables connected still shows a blackscreen, the harddrive in there now is the one that was on master setting then a slave from it i took the slave out and it amde the computer not load anything, so i put the slave back into with the same settings and it still didnt boot up.

first off....

check your monitor connection
cable, power... etc

also check to see if you have a video card...
and if you do. make sure the AUX power is plugged in.

if you dont have a video card or have a video card that does not require an AUX power source than do a barebones boot by removing (unplugging power and data cables) all un-needed PCI cards (your vid card too if your mobo supports onboard video) cdrom drives and hard drives (including your floppy)

see if your computer will boot up now. If not, i would recommend trying a different PSU in your computer and or getting a multimeter to check it. I am sure there are FAQ's on how to do that on here..... somewhere.....

uzi9mm said:
first off....

check your monitor connection
cable, power... etc

also check to see if you have a video card...
and if you do. make sure the AUX power is plugged in.

if you dont have a video card or have a video card that does not require an AUX power source than do a barebones boot by removing (unplugging power and data cables) all un-needed PCI cards (your vid card too if your mobo supports onboard video) cdrom drives and hard drives (including your floppy)

see if your computer will boot up now. If not, i would recommend trying a different PSU in your computer and or getting a multimeter to check it. I am sure there are FAQ's on how to do that on here..... somewhere.....

agree.

I did what you said, and the computer did boot up but all the words were scrambled and unreadable.

breaka said:
I did what you said, and the computer did boot up but all the words were scrambled and unreadable.

we need some more info...

what exactly did you do. Did your video card have an aux?
also did you leave your video card in the computer during the boot up?

give details.... they help.

I notice the floppy was still attched to the powersupply i took that off rebooted the computer and now its working loaded XP, but i still dont know whats wrong with it or why it went like that, any ideas?

you probalby didn't have the floppy power cable on right... or it was tilted in there... I have done that before and have gottne the same results. once your done loading windows, before you start updating. plug in your things one by one and make sure everything is seen and recognized...

Nice my computer is working again thanks for the help guys i must of hit a cable or somthing taking out the slave :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom